Enterprise and Initiatives
- Since 1995 the University of Leeds has produced 101 ‘spin-out’ companies, the second largest number in the higher education sector in the UK. We currently have 44 active spinout companies;
- 36% of our academics are involved in applied research or as consultants to industry with an estimated contract value of £59m;
- We have 49 active Knowledge Transfer Partnerships, the third highest number in the UK and the third highest in the Russell Group;
- Our ‘Spark’ initiative offers business start-up support and we run an annual business plan competition with prizes of up to £2,000 for entrepreneurial students;
- Our research income in 2012/13 was £129m.
Further information can be found at: http://www.leeds.ac.uk/info/125161/enterprise