Our University Community
- We have over 30,000 students from 147 countries;
- The local community benefits from our 2,000 student volunteers;
- We have a global network of alumni and are in regular contact with more than 220,000 alumni from 186 different countries;
- Our students include almost 1,500 from EU countries and over 5,000 from other international countries;
- We have staff of 102 different nationalities;
- With over 7,000 staff we are the third largest employer in Leeds;
- We contribute around £1.23bn a year to the local economy – students add a further £211m through rents and living costs.